Connected Equipment Warranty
WHAT THIS WARRANTY COVERS
This limited warranty is provided by Charg™ to the original purchaser of the Charg™ branded surge protector with SurgeSwap™ technology. For a period of 2years from the date of purchase, this warranty covers damages from a transient surge (except those caused by direct lightning) to equipment that is properly and directly connected through the surge protector and a properly wired and grounded outlet. Subject to the terms below, Charg™ will pay an amount equal to the fair market value or the original purchase price of the damaged, connected equipment, whichever is less, up to a maximum of $3,000.
To qualify for the connected equipment warranty:
1. The original purchaser must register the product within 30 days of original purchase. Registration is a condition precedent to recovery under this warranty. (Some states do not allow registration as a condition to warranty coverage, so this condition may not apply to you.)
2. All connected equipment must be safety certified by a laboratory recognized by the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory program.
3. The surge protector must be used indoors in a dry area.
4. The surge protector must be plugged directly into a properly wired AC power line with a protective ground per the National Electrical Code. No extension cords, adapters, or electrical connectors may be used.
5. To be eligible for coverage, all connected equipment must be plugged directly into the Charg™ surge protector. No Uninterrupted Power Supply, extension cords, adapters, or electrical connectors may be used. Equipment connected to the connected equipment is not covered.
6. The connected equipment must have been damaged by a covered power disturbance that passes through the Charg™ surge protector. A covered power disturbance means any transient surge that is less than the surge protector’s joule capacity and does not include the exclusions defined below.
7. Charg™ must determine, in its sole discretion, that the surge protector is defective.
8. The Charg™ surge protector's joule capacity must not have been exceeded.
9. The original purchaser must comply with the terms of this warranty, including notice to Charg™ of any warranty claim within 30 days of occurrence of damage and within the warranty period. Failure to provide timely notice shall constitute an absolute waiver of all claims under this warranty, and Charg™ shall have no liability for any claims related to the occurrence.
WHAT THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER
There is no coverage, and this warranty is null and void if: a power disturbance damages the connected equipment through the phone, network or coaxial lines; the surge protector was improperly installed, modified, tampered with, or altered in any way; the surge protector was not used or maintained in accordance with product instructions; the connected equipment was not used under normal operating conditions or in accordance with any labels or instructions; the damage to connected equipment was caused by defects in the connected equipment; or the repair or replacement of the damaged equipment is covered under a manufacturer's warranty or sellers extended warranty.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THIS WARRANTY AND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH HEREIN ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, REMEDIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER ORAL, WRITTEN, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. CHARG DISCLAIMS ALL STATUTORY AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND WARRANTIES AGAINST HIDDEN OR LATENT DEFECTS TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. To the extent such warranties cannot be disclaimed, such implied warranties shall apply only for the warranty period specified above. Some states do not allow limitation on how long an implied warranty (or condition) lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THIS WARRANTY AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, CHARG/BYRNE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONDITION, OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE, USE OR REPAIR OF THE PRODUCT, OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. Specifically, and without limiting the forgoing, this warranty does not cover loss of profits or revenue, loss of use of equipment, loss of business, loss of goodwill, loss of reputation, loss of software, loss of data, costs of substitutes, and any claims by third parties. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. Coverage does not apply to connected medical and industrial equipment.
HOW TO RECEIVE SERVICE
To receive service under this warranty, the original purchaser must contact customer service at 1-866-862-0615 to obtain a return authorization number within 30 days of the date of occurrence of the damage.
You must provide the following information to customer service to determine initial eligibility:
1. First Name, Last Name, email address, street address
2. Model Number and date of purchase
3. Equipment that was connected to the surge protector
4. Connected equipment that was damaged and the extent of the damage
5. Date of occurrence.
If the product is eligible for coverage, customer service will provide you with a return authorization number. You must then return the product to Charg™ with shipping charges prepaid by customer. The return authorization number must be clearly visible on the outside of the packaging and/or included within the mailing address.
Once the return is received, Charg™ will inspect the surge protector to determine whether a defect exists and whether the damage to your equipment is covered by this warranty. If Charg™ needs additional information from you to make a determination, you agree to provide such information, including but not limited to documentation and evidence of any damaged equipment. Charg™ will contact you once the evaluation is complete.
If Charg™ determines that a defect exists and the above terms of the warranty have been satisfied, Charg™ will reimburse you the fair market value of the damaged connected equipment or the original purchase price, whichever is less, up to $3,000.
WARNING!: This device is not a lightning arrestor, so it may not afford protection when a lightning strikes nearby. In the event of a lightning strike, we suggest filing a claim through your Homeowners insurance.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.